The van is almost where we want it so it’s time that we look back at how much we spent on building it. Below you’ll find a very small breakdown of each cost. We’ve tallied all of our receipts and here it is:
Without getting too much in the nitty gritty $$$ details, here’s where most of the things came from:
- Most Construction Materials: Home Depot, Lowes, Menards.
- A few items were purchased on Amazon.
- Countertop: Ikea
- Custom Foam Cushions from Foam Factory.
- Upgrades to the van body/exterior/mechanics:
- Solar Panel & battery pack prices are NOT included in this price as we already own them prior to getting the van.
Not having built anything such as this before, I think this is a good number, wouldn’t you think? It could have been done cheaper but I’ve redone a few things over since using the van, as we came up with better ways to utilize it and added ‘nice to haves’ items.
Got questions? Ask away!